- If you travel through time zones often, it’s best to purchase a “blue blocker” sunglasses and wear during the day to minimize jet-lag effects.
- If you suffer from insomnia, Luminette Company at myluminette. They have proven research on positive effects of blue light therapy.
- Drink water with lemon juice to fight jetlag and boost your immune system
- Take 2-3 drops of oregano oil before, during, and after your flight. This will super boost your immune system!
- Carbon offset your journey for karma points as well as air miles. www.planetair.ca is a Canadian, non-profit organisation that uses a flight calculator to turn your carbon emissions into reforestation and Gold Standard programmes that reduce carbon footprints.
- Travel is the new meditation so install the Insight Timer app which has more than 120,000 free meditations, from guided sleep narratives to sound scapes that work with vibrations to reset your zen.
- Eat mindfully. Bananas are a good option. They’re full of potassium, gentle on digestion, won’t bloat you and are easy to travel with. Avoid fried and fast food which are full of dehydrating sodium and inflammatory fats.
- Pack a sleep mask and some essential oil. A silk sleep mask (with no toxic dyes or chemicals) is kindest on skin and will block out artificial light. Combine with a drop of a sedative aromatherapy oil like lavender, ylang-ylang or neroli. Mix with a carrier coconut oil and massage over your clavicle and shoulders.