During Purescapes retreat you may take part in a wide range of activities: Yoga, hiking, one-on-one training, swimming, running, sea kayaking, surfing, group exercises and biking. But don’t let that list scare you as our activities are designed for everyone and there is room to modify every activity to meet any level of fitness. That means if you’re already fit you’ll be challenged, and if your lifestyle is less active or you’ve fallen into a rut this will energize you and get you going again. The most important quality you can bring to this experience, more than any physical preparation, is a positive mental outlook and a willingness to participate. The rest we can help you achieve. We design the activities according to the group. One-on-one activities are based on your abilities while group activities attempt to accommodate different ability levels.
You are asked to fill out a health questionnaire before booking. We want to know as much as possible about you and design specific program to your specific needs and interests. We will work to make sure your individual health concerns or physical limitations are respected and hopefully help you discover new ways to address them.
Definitely! The time you take between activities is as important as the time you spend exercising or having fun in outdoors. Your body needs to repair and restore. You’ll be given time mid-to-late afternoon to have a massage, lie on the beach or by the pool, read a book or sleep. For the more energetic, one-on-one training or running is scheduled.
Depending on your preferred destination you’ll need some or all of the following items. If there are any additional items needed for any destination we’ll inform you in advance to your departure.
- Comfortable clothing for activities (long pants for hikes in higher altitudes)
- Swim gear
- Hiking shoes, training shoes
- Small backpack
- Organic & chemical-free sun block, natural mosquito repellent
- A good hat, sunglasses
- Water bottle
- Cycling Retreats: Your bike saddle if you prefer to use your own; cycling nutrition (brand and type that you prefer to use)
- For bespoke retreats we would design the program based on the number of guests in your group.
- For scheduled Purescapes Retreats 10-20 guests.
Definitely! You can join one of our scheduled retreats or if you prefer we can also design a specific program for you at any of our destinations or a destination of your choice.
No! The program is designed as per our discussion with you prior to the retreat, however, the guests who get the best results join in all the activities. We’re hoping you’ll want to join in all the fun, but you don’t have to take part in an activity you don’t feel comfortable with.
Yes! We stock some top quality brand wines and coffee. For the purpose of weight loss and detox we would explain the benefits of avoiding alcohol and/or coffee during your stay with us upon your arrival, however, it is completely your choice to drink alcohol or coffee during your stay.
Here’s a typical day however, for bespoke retreats we will design the daily activities according to the destination and your goals and requests.
- 7:00 AM Morning Energizer activity: Ocean swim, Barefoot Walks, Yoga, Qi-Gong, Fitness Circuits
- 8.30 AM Breakfast – a bounty of fresh fruit and high-quality dishes to fuel your active day
- 9:30 AM Local adventure (hiking, biking, SUP, kayaking, running)
- 12:30 PM Lunch
- 1:30 PM Free time to soak up the sun, rest, get a massage, swim, read
- 4:00 PM Nutrition, Movement and Technique Workshops or individual one-on-one nutrition counselling, cultural activities & discoveries.
- 5:00 PM Optional – Functional training, barefoot beach walk/runs, boxing or group circuits
- 6:00 PM Restorative Yoga, stretch
- 7:15 PM Briefing: Learn about what awaits tomorrow
- 7:30 PM Delicious dinner – refuel your body
** This is only a sample standard day on a Purescapes Retreat. Depending on the season and location, activities will vary. We always take time for local adventures and will surprise you with challenges that venture further afield. All of our locations are picked for their uniquely beautiful landscapes and we go out every day
Yes, we strongly encourage everyone to buy it before the start of the retreat.
Every Purescapes Retreat is fully inclusive. Once you have paid for your holiday, you don’t need to think about money again. Here’s what’s included:
- Pre-retreat Health & Wellbeing audit in order to tailor your experience
- Luxury en-suite accommodation
- Wellness presentations & education seminars
- Healthy, local, and organic (as much as possible) meals and snacks, non alcoholic beverages and smoothies
- Nutrition consultation with take-home guidelines
- Yoga and/or Qi-Gong classes
- Guided hikes, kayaking (some locations), cycling in the countryside, beach activities. Cycling retreats will have daily road and gravel cycling. Africa will have safari, stargazing, sand dune hikes, desert biking.
- Daily group fitness sessions
- One one-hour deep tissue sports massage (except for Namibia)
- Personal training sessions
- Cooking demonstrations (in Italy and France)
- Visiting local museums, national parks, wineries, etc.
- Filtered water and herbal teas
- Local airport transfers with our recommended international flights
- Cycling Retreats will have a slightly different itinerary based on cycling as the main activity.
- There is a small charge for laundry
- Discretionary tips for housekeeping, dinning, and other staff